Nigerian equities market rebounds, closing the week on a positive note. The All Share Index (ASI) gained +0.10%, reaching 52,214.62 index points, surpassing the previous day's session at 52,162.24 index points.
Additionally, the market capitalization of equities increased by +0.10% or +N29 billion, ending the week at N28.431 trillion, compared to N28.402 trillion in the previous trading session.
MRS Plc stands out as the top-performing equity, with an impressive +9.93% gain in value. It closed at N33.75, securing a market valuation of N11.57 billion.
Fidelity Bank Plc takes the lead in both volume and value charts, with a substantial trading volume of 942.7 million units of shares valued at N5.52 billion, concluding the week on a significant note.
Overall, the NGX had a positive trading week as investors were bullish despite some midweek bearish moments.
Below are market indices for today’s trading session:
* NGX ASI: 52,214.62 points
* Previous ASI: 52,161.24 points
* % Day Change: +0.10%
* % YTD: +1.88%
* Market Cap: N28.431 trillion
* Volume Traded: 1.42 billion
* Value: N10.98 billion
* Deals: 5,527
NGX TOP GAINERS
* MRS gained +9.93% to close at N33.75 per share
* ACADEMY gained +9.87% to close at N1.67 per share
* IKEJAHOTEL gained +9.86% to close at N1.56 per share
* TRANSCORP gained +9.75% to close at N2.59 per share
* ARDOVA gained +9.09% to close at N26.40 per share
NGX TOP LOSERS
* CILEASING was down by -9.86% to close at N3.20 per share
* PRESTIGE was down by -9.76% to close at N0.37 per share
* ROYALEX was down by -6.90% to close at N0.54 per share
* COURTVILLE was down by -6.52% to close at N0.43 per share
* LIVESTOCK was down by -6.42% to close at N1.02 per share
TOP 3 BY VOLUME
* FIDELITYBK 942,768,057
* ACCESSCORP 170,030,971
* FBNH 81,120,755
TOP 3 BY VALUE
* FIDELITYBK N5,520,075,711
* ACCESSCORP N1,693,211,461
* FBNH N973,359,597
Despite the market's volatility, the positive performance demonstrates the resilience and optimism of investors in the Nigerian equities market. As trading sessions continue, market participants will closely monitor the ongoing trends and opportunities for potential gains.