WHAT COMPANIES ARE IN THE CONSUMER SERVICE? GET CONSUMER SERVICE DREAM JOBS IN NIGERIA
Consumer services, as the name implies, means providing services to consumers.
Companies in the consumer services field are businesses that provide services directly to individual consumers. These services can be related to various industries, such as hospitality, transportation, health and wellness, personal finance, and many others.
Some well-known companies in the consumer services business
Airbnb is a hospitality company that provides a platform for individuals to rent out their homes or apartments to travelers, and in turn, customers are provided with well-furnished vacation homes.
Uber is a transportation company that provides a platform for individuals to offer ride-sharing services. It's a means for car owners to earn money while driving their own cars.
Amazon is an e-commerce company that provides a wide range of products and services to consumers, including online shopping, streaming media, and cloud computing.
Walt Disney is an entertainment company that provides a range of entertainment products and services, including theme parks, movies, and television shows.
Dangote Industries is one of the biggest in the consumer services industry in Africa. It supplies consumer goods like cement and sugar to 10 countries in Africa and produces over 50 million Tonnes of cement per year alone.
These companies are only a handful of the many different types of companies that work in the consumer service industry. They individually provide distinctive goods and services that are tailored to each customer's wants and tastes, and they are crucial in determining how the consumer experience is felt overall.
Is consumer service a good career path?
Meeting the needs and expectations of their customers is the sole aim of the consumer services industry. The careers are divided between professional and non-professional positions.
A specialist degree is required for professional roles in the consumer services sector. Teaching and lecturing are jobs in the education sector, for instance.
So, in order to function effectively, you will require credentials like those of an elementary or primary school teacher, a secondary or high school teacher, or even higher credentials like a professorship.
The same is seen in the healthcare industry, where you need to have acquired a certain level of qualifications before you can work. Aside from very high qualifications like those of a medical doctor or a nurse, you can acquire highly paying ones like phlebotomy and medical assistantships.
If you are talented at cooking, you may create a restaurant or work in one to develop a profitable career path. The consumer sector is large and increasing, so you can build your career in whatever area you like.
The response is YES! If assisting others in obtaining their needs is your strength, a job in consumer services may be the perfect fit for you.
How many Jobs are available in consumer services?
Due to how vast and dynamic the industry is, we will focus on 5 consumer service jobs that can fetch you money in 2023 and for which you don't need a degree.
1. Mobile phone repair: This job is one of the most underrated in the industry. In the US alone, the industry is over $4 billion and growing. In Nigeria, the cost of replacing your phone's screen is a minimum of N10,000 with an additional N2000 for workmanship, depending on the phone brand.
Most repairers also sell mobile phone accessories to earn extra income and offer apprenticeships for people interested in learning the trade.
2. Real estate agents: This is one of the largest industries in the world, and agents are making a lot of money when they close deals. Real estate agents make between 2.5% and 10% of a house's sale price. The more expensive the house, the more money you make, and you don't need a degree, just commitment and market knowledge.
3. Driver: with the introduction of Uber and other transport hire services, the industry looks saturated, but that is far from the truth. Uber drivers in Lagos, Nigeria, have reported making up to N4 million a year.
4. Warehousing: This involves providing spaces for companies to store their products pending distributions. Warehouse listings in Nigeria can go for between N2 million and N1 billion.
5. Cleaner: Surprisingly, cleaning services made this list. In Lagos, cleaning offices costs over N20,000 per two rooms. That is lucrative given the number of potential clients in every major city.
How to apply for consumer services jobs Near You
Hubforjobs is one of the largest job listing platforms in Nigeria with user-friendly interfaces.
Log on to Hubforjobs.com, search for the job you want, and you could be working in consumer service today.
Be the first to comment!
You must login to comment